Access control cards have become an increasingly popular security measure around the world, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is no exception. According to recent research, many businesses and organizations in the UAE are now using access control cards as part of their security systems. Access control cards have been steadily increasing in the UAE over the past few years as organizations seek to protect their premises and assets from theft and unauthorized access.
In this blog post, we will explore the benefits of using these systems and the available access control cards. Whether you are a business owner, facility manager, or security professional, this post will provide valuable information about how access control cards can help you protect your assets and enhance your organization’s security.
Benefits of using these systems
Using access control card systems in UAE has many benefits for any organization given below:
- Enhanced Security: Access control card systems provide a high level of security by restricting access to specific areas of a facility only to authorized individuals. This helps to prevent theft, vandalism, and other security breaches. By limiting access to sensitive areas, organizations can also protect valuable equipment and information.
- Improved Efficiency: Access control card systems can help to streamline employee access to different areas of a facility. Employees no longer have to carry multiple keys or remember different access codes. Instead, they can simply use their access control card to gain entry to the areas they are authorized to enter.
- Customization: Access control card systems are highly customizable, allowing organizations to tailor their security systems to their specific needs. Cards can be programmed to grant different levels of access to different areas of a facility, and they can be easily deactivated if a card is lost or stolen.
- Increased Accountability: Access control card systems can track employee attendance and timekeeping, ensuring that employees are where they are supposed to be during work hours. This can help to increase accountability and reduce time theft.
- Remote Access: Access control card systems can be managed remotely, allowing authorized personnel to grant or revoke access to individuals from a central location. This is particularly useful for large organizations with multiple locations.
Types of Access Control Cards
Access control cards are available in several types, each offering unique features and capabilities. The three main types of access control cards are:
- Proximity Cards: These cards use radio frequency identification (RFID) technology to allow access to a facility. They can be read by a proximity card reader without the need for physical contact, and they are often used in applications where quick access is necessary, such as parking garages or employee entrances.
- Smart Cards: These cards have a microprocessor embedded in them, which allows for more advanced security features such as encryption and mutual authentication. They are often used in applications where high-security access is required, such as government buildings or research labs.
- Magnetic Stripe Cards: These cards use a magnetic stripe to store data. They are often used in applications where lower security is acceptable, such as hotel room keys or gym memberships.
Best Selling products in UAE
|DRMF7 Register Card||This access control card uses magnetic stripe technology and is compatible with DRMF7 series readers. It is durable, cost-effective, and widely used in UAE organizations.||283.50|
|Elock EL-EM-100 Proximity Card – EM type||This access control card uses proximity technology and is compatible with EL-EM-100 series readers. It offers high security and convenience, as it can be read from a distance without the need for physical contact||2.10|
|Honeywell OmniClass PVC 34-bit Card – OKP0N34||This access control card uses smart card technology and is compatible with Honeywell OmniClass readers. It is suited for access control, logical (PC) access, storage of biometric templates, parking, secure ID’s with embedded tamper-proof digital photos, and many other applications||27.30|
All of these access control cards are high-quality, durable, and reliable. They are also priced competitively, making them an excellent choice for organizations looking to improve their security measures.
Considerations When Choosing Access Control Cards
When choosing access control cards, there are several considerations that organizations should keep in mind:
Security requirements: The level of security required by the organization should be the primary consideration when choosing access control cards. Smart cards with strong encryption capabilities may be the best option for high-security applications, such as government facilities or financial institutions.
User convenience: The convenience of the access control card for users is also important. Cards that are easy to use and require minimal user interaction, such as proximity cards, are often preferred.
Integration with existing systems: The access control card system should be compatible with the organization’s security systems, such as video surveillance and intrusion detection systems.
Cost: The access control cards and associated systems should also be considered. Magnetic stripe cards are generally the least expensive option, while smart cards can be more costly.
Durability: The durability of the access control card is also an important consideration, particularly in high-traffic areas or harsh environments. Cards resistant to damage and wear, such as smart cards with durable plastic casing, may be the best option.
Scalability: Finally, organizations should consider the scalability of the access control card system. The system should be able to accommodate future growth and changes in the organization’s security needs.